Harissa lamb meatballs with cabbage and pomegranate salad
- 600g lean minced lamb
- 1 tbsp harissa*
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups finely shredded white cabbage
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
- ½ cup mint leaves
- ½ cup coriander leaves
- ½ cup flat leaf parsley leaves
- 3 tsp white wine vinegar
- Grilled flatbread and
- Greek yoghurt, to serve
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Mix the lamb with the harissa and garlic and season with salt and pepper. Roll into walnut sized balls.
- Place a large, lidded frying pan over a moderately high heat. Gently roll the meatballs with some olive oil and cook 4 minutes or until nicely coloured. Place the lid on the pan, turn the heat down to moderately low and cook for a further 4 minutes or until cooked through.
- Mix the cabbage, pomegranate seeds and herbs together and season with salt and pepper. Add the vinegar and some olive oil to taste.
- Serve the meatballs and salad together with some grilled flatbread and Greek yoghurt.
- *Harissa is a hot and spicy North African chilli paste, available in delicatessens and larger supermarkets.
Tooraweenah Prime Lamb http://tplmc.com.au/