Malaysian style BBQ lamb rump with a noodle salad
- 4 x 160g lamb rump
- 1 tsp cumin
- A small knob of ginger, peeled and grated
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp coriander root, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup tamarind sauce or light soy sauce
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- Noodle salad
- 200g vermicelli noodles
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- 1 handful salted peanuts, roasted
- 1 long fresh red chilli
- 3 spring onions
- 1 carrot
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 lime, juice
- 3 tsp sweet chilli sauce
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Mix all the lamb marinade ingredients together and rub over the lamb rumps. Leave to marinate for 20 mins.
- Follow packet instructions to cook the vermicelli noodles. Once cooked, cool the noodles under cold running water.
- Mix the dressing ingredients together, pour over the noodles and toss through. Add the picked mint, coriander, salted peanuts, and pepper. Peel the carrots into ribbons and slice the chilli and spring onion to garnish.
- Place the lamb rumps on the BBQ and cook on a medium heat for 6 mins on each side. Allow the lamb to rest for 5 mins before slicing.
Tooraweenah Prime Lamb http://tplmc.com.au/