Roasted lamb rump with a freekah, almond and pomegranate salad
- 600g lamb rump
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard, plus extra to serve
- 2½ cups cooked freekah*
- 2 tbsp roasted almonds, chopped
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp pomegranate molasses**
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Place a frying pan over a moderately high heat.
- Rub the lamb with some olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Sear for 8 minutes or until nicely browned all over.
- Rub with mustard and transfer to an oven tray.
- Roast for 12-15 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
- Set aside to rest for 5-10 minutes, loosely covering with foil.
- Slice the rested lamb and serve with the freekah salad and a dollop of mustard.
For the freekah salad
- Mix the freekah with the amonds, pomegranate seeds and parsley.
- Season with salt and pepper and dress with the olive oil and pomegranate molasses.
- *Freekah is a Middle Eastern dried and roasted green wheat, available from supermarkets or delis. Cook according to instructions on the packet.
- **Pomegranate molasses is a reduced pomegranate syrup, available from supermarkets.
Tooraweenah Prime Lamb http://tplmc.com.au/