Tooraweenah Prime Livestock is a growing marketing cooperative with over 65 members producing Lamb, Mutton, Goats and Cattle. Our members span an area from Merriwa to Nyngan, Condobolin to Baradine as well as producers in far northern NSW and Southern QLD.
Our business has been operating since 1995 and has primarily marketing members’ lambs produced to specification to meat processors. Tooraweenah Prime Livestock has recently expanded to incorporate cattle and sheep trading as a key part of its operations with much of the trading occurring on electronic platforms such as AuctionsPlus.
Tooraweenah Prime Livestock is seeking the services of an additional Livestock Coordinator to further support our growth objectives. The Livestock Coordinator would act in a procurement role, assessment of stock and work with members on producing lambs to specification and assist our livestock procurement manager in all aspects of livestock trading.
The position requires monthly reports to the board, assisting with the facilitation of field days (two a year), communication of market information to members, building rapport with current members and identifying new members.
Tooraweenah Prime Livestock markets lambs directly to meat processors and butchers and provides feedback to members. It has an enviable track record of producing lambs to specification in all production environments. Tooraweenah Prime Livestock has been involved with initiatives to value add our products and is always open to exploring innovative marketing alternatives toward the goal of growing our business and maximising value for our members.
Essential Qualifications and Skills:
* Have experience with livestock.
* Knowledge and enthusiasm for the red meat industry with a focus on production, including the marketing of livestock
* Ability to liaise with livestock producers and undertake on-farm member visits
* Possess strong verbal communication skills
* Current driver’s licence
* Competent office skills
You will also be able to:
* Work collaboratively with our livestock manager, business manager and the Board of Directors.
* Liaise with members to ascertain numbers, delivery dates, production issues, and capacity for breeding and finishing lambs.
* Assist our livestock manager with sourcing livestock
* Undertake training to enable assessment of lambs to specification
* Actively promote the function and advantages of the Co-op to existing members and encourage new members.
Further details :
Applications close 15th March 2024
Email applications to email@example.com
or call Amanda on 0488 243 175 for more information